Wednesday, July 25, 2007

So much for starting an aggressive training plan...

Two weeks ago I signed up for the Hotter 'N Hell 100 Mile bike ride. I was originally aiming to do just the 50 mile ride but a mate of mine suggested I sign up for the 100 mile and then decide my actual target distance the day of the race. Sounds fair.

I was going to pick up the training this week, and try to get out on the bike each night. But, the weather has put a stop to that. As can be seen below, we have lovely storms forecast pretty much each day of the week.



















So, it looks like I'll be training at the gym instead. If the forecast is right, Sunday should be relatively decent and I am planning a 50 mile ride East of Austin just to get the ball rolling and prepare for some long distance endurance riding.

No comments: